Our advice is always free, but you are welcome to make a donation if you wish.

If you need advice, please ring us on 0161 636 7555.

If you live in Greater Manchester, and you have recently been diagnosed with lung cancer or mesothelioma, your hospital may have asked us to ring you.

Advice on benefits

If you have an asbestos-related disease, we can advise you about any social security benefits you can claim.

There are some benefits you may be able to claim even if you are relatively well-off.

To give you the correct advice, we will need to know which asbestos-related disease you have. You cannot get social security benefits for pleural plaques.

If you are the family member of someone with an asbestos-related disease who has recently passed away, you may be able to claim social security benefits.

If we think you are entitled to claim social security benefits, we will usually visit you in your own home to help you with the claim forms.

Advice on compensation

Though we are not solicitors, we can give you basic information on claiming civil compensation, and we can give the contact details of recommended solicitors.

You cannot claim civil compensation for pleural plaques if your only exposure to asbestos occurred in England.