If you have been exposed to asbestos as the result of your employer’s negligence, and you have developed an asbestos-related disease as a result, you may be entitled to civil compensation (i.e. compensation through the courts).

There is usually a 3 year deadline, from the date you were given your diagnosis, to make a claim for civil compensation.

In order to have the best chance of getting civil compensation, you should seek advice from a solicitor with experience in this area of the law.

If you live in the Greater Manchester area, or in the neighbouring areas of Cheshire, Lancashire and Derbyshire, we can give you the contact details of recommended local solicitors.

If you live outside our area, check if there is a local Asbestos Victims Support Group in your area, as they will be able to give you contact details for recommended solicitors in your area.

What do I have to gain by contacting a solicitor?

Not everyone with an asbestos-related disease will be entitled to civil compensation, but many will. You will not know unless you get advice from a solicitor experience in this area of the law.

If the employer that exposed you to asbestos is no longer trading, your solicitor may still be able to bring a civil claim against that employer’s insurer.

Civil compensation, by its very nature, tends to be worth far more than benefits paid by the government. Civil compensation can be paid alongside almost all government benefits.

How much will it cost me?

If you have mesothelioma, none of the solicitors were recommend will ever charge you anything. If they tell you that you do not have a case, or if they lose your case, you do not have to pay anything.  If they win your case, their fee does not come out of your compensation, but is recovered from the other side.

If you have a different asbestos-related disease, all of the solicitors we recommend work on a no-win no-fee basis.